• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brispaj
    • Nov 2012
    • Brisbane

Camping at Noosa North Shore

Hey all, Its my better halfs birthday in 2 weeks and we are looking at going camping. She wants to go somewhere that we can go fishing and its not too far from Bris. Im thinking about going to Noosa North Shore. I would love to go to Double Island but my paj is suffering from flashing diff lock syndrome. Its going to be the first time i have taken the Paj camping and only the second time the boss and my young fella have been so it should be good.

What are peoples thoughts on Noosa North Shore for a weekend camping?

Cheers
    Lachie
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

There's not much beach up there at the moment so travelling on anything but dead low tide is out.

As a short term thing, try driving your car in 4H full time. This should stop the dreaded flashing light syndrome and at least allow you to have a holiday.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Dusco
      • Nov 2012
      • Bairnsdale 3875

Don't forget the Aeroguard
      04 GLS NP 3.2 AUTO Diesel, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, 81L Aux Tank, UHF Roof Console, Alloy Bull Bar, Lovell 36mm Nitro Gas Shocks, Lovell HD 50mm Lift, Rear Poly Air Bags, 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks, 65L Waeco CFX Fridge/Freezer, Kings Rooftop Tent.

Comment

• budgie
        • May 2009
        • brisbane

The watch out for all the rubbish in the sand dunes ,broken bottles etc through the camping areas
        2006 NP Snorkel Bullbar More goodies come 2001 NM full of goodies

Comment

• brispaj
          • Nov 2012
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
          There's not much beach up there at the moment so travelling on anything but dead low tide is out.

As a short term thing, try driving your car in 4H full time. This should stop the dreaded flashing light syndrome and at least allow you to have a holiday.
          I thought about doing this but wasnt sure if it would do any demage to the system.

Cheers for the info everyone now just hope I go to work tomorrow and they have ok'd my holidays

Lachie

Comment

• Pajenaro
            • Oct 2007
            • Albany Creek

Lachie,
            You can check the park conditions here:

QPWS update it avery 2 weeks.

Also, permits are required for any beach driving.

cheers
            scott
            1998 NL GLX 2.8TD, Man

Comment

• brispaj
              • Nov 2012
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pajenaro View Post
              Lachie,
              You can check the park conditions here:

QPWS update it avery 2 weeks.

Also, permits are required for any beach driving.

cheers
              scott
              Cheers for the heads up Scott will be sure to check them over the weekend

Comment

• DiDExceed
                • Jul 2011
                • Kuluin, QLD, Australia

What about Inskip point? Nice up there, don't have to drive on the beach, just a bit of sand in the camp areas which I've seen corollas drive. Bit further but it's nice

2003 Silver NP DiD Exceed Auto, MMA alloy bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, 2DIN GPS unit w/ Reverse Camera, DBS w/ RedArc SmartStart w/ overide, 82AH AGM & HD 20A Sockets in rear for WAECO 60LTR, ARB on board Air Compressor, RedArc Remote Head Brake controller, 2" HD/F, SD/R Lovells & OzTech shocks with Firestone Coil-Rites, 265/70R16 Pirelli Scorpion AT's, ProRack Crossbars & Awning

2012 Black ASV50 Toyota Camry Atara SL

2006 Jayco Destiny 16.51-1

Comment

• BrisVegas
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • Townsville, QLD

Another vote for Inskip. No need for a beach permit there, only if you head down past Rainbow Beach. It's dog friendly and there are eco-toilets. Choice of ocean front or protected side camping and fishing. 15 minutes run into Rainbow Beach for supplies if the regular ice and ice-cream vans don't have what you need.
                  'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• John001
                    • Mar 2014
                    • Australia

I would love to go to Dual Isle but my paj is affected by blinking diff secure problem. Its going to be initially i have taken the Paj hiking and only the second time the manager and my younger guy have been so it should be good.
                    Anyways i am searching information for Artificial Grass ??
                    Last edited by John001; 22-03-14, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• twc
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Tewantin Qld

Noosa North Shore Camp

Hey Guys
                      Just to let you know that this camp site is now back under Noosa Council control
                      and you can only book online.
                      WILL NOT ACCEPT PEOPLE ROCKING UP AT THE FRONT GATE.
                      The Park is also now back to number restrictions,( 180 people max I think he said due to one only toilet block)
                      Thank Goodness.
                      It was an absolute nightmare when under the sunshine coast council.
                      The last time I stayed there was very pleasant. (Noosa Council)
                      The time before was most certainly not( Sunshine coast council) so much so that i told myself we wont go back. But when I heard that Noosa had regained control i gave it one more shot. My faith has been restored.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X