• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bilgeboy
    Valued Member
    • May 2011
    • melbourne

weekend away big river/woods point

Thought I might suggest a weekend trip to big river/woods point area.
    maybe an intermediate/beginner trip like the one a few people went to the other weekend.

its a bit far for a day trip, don't know what the conditions are like at the moment but its open to suggestion. was thinking in the next weekend or two.

I haven't been up there before, looks like there are some good camping spots on big river road, alternatively maybe stay at woods point overnight.
    I would like to try out some new gear (winch particulary) as I haven't used it properly yet.

It would also be a good opportunity for Public Forum members to introduce non, (Public Forum), members to the pajero 4wd club of vic "Public Forum" and it activities.

Disclaimer:

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    Last edited by bilgeboy; 02-02-13, 12:32 PM.
    2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
    GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.
  • hootnah
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • nunawading, vic.

Great place for beginner/intermediate tracks, Danes spur up to Mt Terrible then on to Mt Terrible south(bit trickier, steep ascents/descents) then Matlock track to Big River rd or other tracks (havnt done these yet) to Woods point. Good camping at Chaffes crk if toilets required, or on old coach rd off big river rd. Great area for camping, my kids and I have been camping there for 15 years.
    Cheers, Jim.
    99 nl gls 3.5l auto full leather & woodgrain trim, leather seats, ABS, chrome rear bumper and mirrors, split aircon, standard 50mm factory body lift, dual airbags and 277,000 km on clock, tranny and engine oil coolers. NEW: Reconditioned heads, new camshafts, new radiator, new water pump, New timing belt and tensioner. Brand new set of LT 265/70/16 Maxxis Bravo 771 AT. NG 3.0 Litre 5 spd man superwagon as project. Now registered and on the dirt. NEEDED: MORE MONEY!

Comment

• redrock
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2012
      • victoria

Count me in , I went to ledger berg on the weekend with my kids, got myself stuck in a rut , had too winch myself out , first time for me had a nice drive with the kids, love to go camping
      2004 Np Exceed Lift kit, Arb Bullbar, Warn winch, UHF & HF Barrett radio, dual tanks, dual batteries Rhino Basket, Snorkel

Comment

• bilgeboy
        Valued Member
        • May 2011
        • melbourne

This weekend looks a little dodgy with the weather fire wise
        2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
        GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X