• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuddy
    • Oct 2012
    • Goulburn NSW

Clearview Mirrors

Thinking of purchasing Clearview mirrors for our NW. All reviews are good but I would appreciate feedback from those who have had them installed especially in regards to whether still able to electrically fold the mirrors back without damaging the vehicle. Thanks heaps
  • Greg Grey Grumbly
    • Aug 2012
    • Brisbane, Southside

Mirror Fold

Fuddy,

I have also been examining the Clearview option which I do like. But from my inspection :
    • the Clearviews bolt straight on to the old mirror anchor nuts
    • the top mirror section is electrically adjustable
    • but the mirror assembly itself will not electrically fold back
    • it can be manually folded back though

Good luck with them they certainly look good.

Greg
    Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
    Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• Paj People 2009
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Fuddy,

Have had our Clearview Mirrors for about a year now (or whenever they first came out for the Pajero!).

They are brilliant!

Nothing beats them for towing, both for ease of use and vision.

Yep, they do stick out more than the OME, but you get a much better field of vision around town. They are no bigger than motorhome mirrors.

You lose the "3 clicks and in they go" function. You must fold them in manually.

The top larger section is still electric, from in the car.

The bottom, more convex section, that enables you to see a wide field of vision, is manually adjusted, but you barely need to ever do it.

No amount of passing semis or wind has pushed them in!....

They do not vibrate or shake and we absolutely love them!

There is chrome, chrome with indicators and black. We went for black (without indicators, as we have the side ones) and reckon it matches the trim, snorkel, etc. on the car well.

You can often see them on the Caravanners Forum or similar, for around $500-550 for the pair. I think they are good/fair value, considering one OME mirror is apparently over $700!

Here you go:

Cheers,
      Sally
      SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• robshep
        • Feb 2009
        • Patterson Lakes Vic 3197

They are brilliant !

Only drawback is that they do create a larger blind spot - you have to squirm/wriggle around in your seat to ensure that you see THAT car on your right - I had a near miss with a car that wasn't there a moment ago.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2009
          • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Originally posted by robshep View Post
          They are brilliant !

Only drawback is that they do create a larger blind spot - you have to squirm/wriggle around in your seat to ensure that you see THAT car on your right - I had a near miss with a car that wasn't there a moment ago.
          Hi Rob,

They are meant to eliminate blindspots!! How can you miss a car in that wide field of vision on the lower glass?? Maybe they just need some adjusting?

We find them much better for blindspots - I always do a quick headcheck though, no matter what mirrors.

Glad there was no collision for you, anyway.

Cheers,
          Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• The Commodore
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Macarthur Region NSW.

My opinion varies just a bit from Sallys, they're everything she says but in my opinion there is a blind spot created as robshep said.
            It is not a rearward blind spot there's no chance of that but what I think he means is the side to front blindspot eg. roundabouts.
            I find that quite annoying to the extent that if I'm not towing for a couple of months such as this time of year, I remove them and box them away safely.

I've previously towed with Aussie Truck mirrors which I've had no trouble with at all except they can vidrate a bit but you get no vibration from the Clearview-they are very good.

They are that good that I towed 150km's and didn't realise that were still not extended. It was not until I unhooked and went to push them in that I realised-they were in.
            That's with a full 2400mm wide van!
            They're a good full size mirror.
            There was an NT-NW set went on ebay recently for around $300, I nearly bought them for spares but I couldn't figure out why. Just 'cause they were half price?
            Well worth having
            Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• robshep
              • Feb 2009
              • Patterson Lakes Vic 3197

The Commodore is spot on.
              It is the forward view, side to front blind spot, especially at roundabouts, that I meant.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Guys,

Got ya!

Suppose we can't have everything!

The snorkel does that too, somewhat.

Cheers,
                Sally

Comment

• The Commodore
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Macarthur Region NSW.

I suppose we could just adopt the attitude of what appears sometimes to be all other road users.

That is to drive into the roundabouts in complete ignorance of other road users and the law and don't bother indicate when leaving the roundabout.

Works for them 'cause dills like us who look after our cars and our wellbeing do all sorts of things to avoid them!

There you go, I'm happy now I'll get down off my soap box.
                  Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                    • Jul 2012
                    • South East S.A.

Originally posted by The Commodore View Post

Works for them 'cause dills like us who look after our cars and our wellbeing do all sorts of things to avoid them!
                    I treat all road users like that. "They are all out to get me!"

You do see some idiots getting around.

I'm about to buy a hd car mounted camera to video them.
                    bigbaddave12.
                    NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

• The Commodore
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2009
                      • Macarthur Region NSW.

I guess this is getting off the subject but I'm looking at the ones with GPS inside they have some definate advantages.
                      Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X