• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2bad4u
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth, Western Australia

Check your map version before you buy.

Hi All, haven't been on here for a while but just updated my NS VRX V6 to a new NW Activ DID. Have already had dual battery, snorkel, spot lights, CB and Tyre dogs fitted. Just waiting on a bullbar to become available and then one will be going on.

Now for my gripe.......

I picked up the car at the beginning of this month (Oct) and discovered that I have the version 17 map which is 2 years old. When I contacted Mitsubishi about this I asked for them to upgrade me to V18 for free as it is a new car and it should have the latest map. They flat out refused. Now I spent almost $70k on this car with accessories and I can't even get an upto date map when the sat nav is a "selling feature" of the vehicle.

The dealer has "looked after" me on this one, but Mitsubishi Australia............ YOU SUCK ON THIS ISSUE!!

So anyone considering a new car, make sure you get the latest maps as part of the deal.
    Warren
    2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
    2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti
  • Paddymac
    • Apr 2012
    • Cairns

I wrote to Mitsubishi and my dealer and whereis and basically was told by all of them tough. I have since seen a copy of V18 and I won't be paying $395.00 for it. I am considering getting an Alpine unit fitted.

Comment

• JandG
      • Jul 2007

Mitsubishi is terrible in this regard. I am on my second Pajero (NW) but I won't be buying another one because their SatNav is the worst I have ever seen. My 8 years old Garmin Nuvi does a much better job and updates are only $99.00
      Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

• BROOMZPAJ
        • Mar 2010
        • Geelong

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
        Hi All, haven't been on here for a while but just updated my NS VRX V6 to a new NW Activ DID. Have already had dual battery, snorkel, spot lights, CB and Tyre dogs fitted. Just waiting on a bullbar to become available and then one will be going on.

Now for my gripe.......

I picked up the car at the beginning of this month (Oct) and discovered that I have the version 17 map which is 2 years old. When I contacted Mitsubishi about this I asked for them to upgrade me to V18 for free as it is a new car and it should have the latest map. They flat out refused. Now I spent almost $70k on this car with accessories and I can't even get an upto date map when the sat nav is a "selling feature" of the vehicle.

The dealer has "looked after" me on this one, but Mitsubishi Australia............ YOU SUCK ON THIS ISSUE!!

So anyone considering a new car, make sure you get the latest maps as part of the deal.
        Hi 2bad4u.

Sorry to hear about your map version woes. You're not alone with your dissatisfaction. The whole MMCS/nav thing seems to be just about the major gripe with the Pajeros at the moment.

FWIW we picked up our new Paj last weekend, and (thankfully) it came with V 18. The build date was 25/07/2012. I think it's the build date that determines the disc version, rather than the purchase date. I suspect your Activ's build date was pre-July?

I notice on another thread where an asx owner has sourced a V 18 upgrade disc from a mob called Navigation Systems Australia. Cost was $100, which is considerably cheaper than the $300 + being asked by Mits.

Navigation Systems Australia Including BMW Models E39, E46, E90, E38 and All others.

I can't vouch for the upgrade myself, but it may be something that others can look into if they're interested. Proceed with caution I guess and make sure that it actually is what it purports to be before laying down the cash.

Cheers
        2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
        Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

• wayno
          • Sep 2012
          • Kalgoorlie

I have a 7/12 NW and it came with V17 and when I emailed the dealer.
          "Can you get your hands on the latest Whereis maps disc V18?
          It has been out for at least 2 months but I have got V17 and I only got my car 3 weeks ago! I’ve been told it has a fare few map upgrades."
          He's reply was:
          "I haven't seen any new disc 18 as yet but i will look into it. All vehicles with sat/nav still have disc 17."
          I'm not expecting them to get back to me!!
          2012 NW Active, Warm white, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Cooper At/3's 265/70R17, Optima Yellow top dual battery

Comment

• nannis
            • Apr 2012
            • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Mitsubishi's "customer Service" (for calling it somwhow) is the worst I have ever experienced.

I am happy with my Pajero, but I will never buy a Mitsubishi vehicle again.

I would go back to Toyota Service any time....

nannis
            nannis
            Graphite MY12 Platinum edition with Sunroof, Cooper CTS

Comment

• Dgat
              • Jun 2011
              • melbourne

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post

Now for my gripe.......

the sat nav unit in the paj are crap and i am not going to pay $400.00 for an update when you can buy a stand alone unit for $200 to $ 300. with life time map update. I have just got my hands on a NAVMAN 300LMT and it is the best nav i have used also you can buy the HEMA 4WD map pack for this unit for only $40.00

Comment

• wongapaj
                • Oct 2011
                • Wonga Park

Originally posted by BROOMZPAJ View Post
                Hi 2bad4u.

I notice on another thread where an asx owner has sourced a V 18 upgrade disc from a mob called Navigation Systems Australia. Cost was $100, which is considerably cheaper than the $300 + being asked by Mits.

www.navigationau.com

I can't vouch for the upgrade myself, but it may be something that others can look into if they're interested. Proceed with caution I guess and make sure that it actually is what it purports to be before laying down the cash.

Cheers
                I bought V18 from the website above. Came in 2 days via registered mail. Works a treat!
                NT 30th Anniversary, 3.2 Diesel, Manual, Black, Tinted Windows, HID Lo & Hi, MM Towbar, Prodigy P3, Stebel Horn, MMCS Override, Scangauge II, Dual Battery, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ORU12 Winch, IPF HID Driving lights, UHF, Diff Breathers, D697s, Airtec Snorkel. HD Suspension, Bushskinz

Comment

• gaudough
                  • Jul 2011
                  • Buderim

Originally posted by Dgat View Post
                  the sat nav unit in the paj are crap and i am not going to pay $400.00 for an update when you can buy a stand alone unit for $200 to $ 300. with life time map update. I have just got my hands on a NAVMAN 300LMT and it is the best nav i have used also you can buy the HEMA 4WD map pack for this unit for only $40.00
                  I think the MM satnav is great. Its no good worrying about maps being out of date because they are all out of date 6 months after you purchase.
                  Regards Gordo

NW 2012 Activ DiD Auto, Graphite Grey, Full tint, H/D tow bar, Rear Diff Lock & A/C, TJM snorkel, TJM 50mm lift, TJM Bullbar & TJM Winch, XRay HiD Lights, BFG A/T KO2 265/70/17, HF VHF & UHF, IC400 Pro, Dual battery system, Dynamat.

Comment

• matt777
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Sydney

I might need to take a new model for a Testdrive... Ohh yeah I dont want to leave my laptop in my other car whilst Im testing all the new features!

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                      • Jul 2012
                      • South East S.A.

Originally posted by matt777 View Post
                      I might need to take a new model for a Testdrive... Ohh yeah I dont want to leave my laptop in my other car whilst Im testing all the new features!

"Humm ??? I think, I might need to take a new Pajero (V18) for a test drive too. " Very good idea.

How quick can it be done?
                      And torrented?
                      bigbaddave12.
                      NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

• Yclept
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Sydney

Map version info???

Does anyone know where to find reference to the Whereis map version number?

I picked up my new VR-X this week and the version showing onscreen is "2012-A". The CD is no more helpful being labelled "Version E" and "Sep 2012". I can't find any reference to V18 which I am presuming it is, although I know Whereis have released V19.

The dealers have absolutely no idea about this (and I don't think they want to) and when I rang MMA the guy there couldn't provide a definitive answer although he thought it was V18, but ran for cover as soon as I mentioned V19 being already released.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• jwoods
                          • Oct 2012
                          • Melbourne

Eject the disk out of your MMCS - it'll say the version on there (I am looking at my disc right now). My version 18 disc (came with late MY12) has a date of 2011 on it, and it was definitely the latest version at the time - so sounds like you might have a newer version?

Curious, is there an all-new MMCS in yours? Perhaps the navigation discs for those are completely different... does it look like this, or different?

Comment

• Yclept
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Sydney

The dealers told me it is an all new MMCS for MY13 but none of them understood what was different.

I have worked out one thing that is different. There is no longer a dedicated iPod cable. The iPod attaches via the USB in the glovebox. Only problem with this is that it takes 7 minutes to finalise a connection with my 160gB iPod Classic.

The map is read from an SD card and a CD is supplied as a backup. The screen and labels on the SD and CD do not reveal any Whereis type version information.

Does the MY12 media actually show the version in Whereis format?
                            Attached Files

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Pajero1947
                              • Jan 2013
                              • Boronia

Originally posted by wongapaj View Post
                              I bought V18 from the website above. Came in 2 days via registered mail. Works a treat!

Hi,

Note You got the V18 updated DVD from another source, other than MMCA, could I ask how long you have had this for and how often you have used it, did it come with all functionality that is needed for the total system and, finally, are you still satisfied with it ?.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jim
                              2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X