• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skwiz05
    • Aug 2012
    • Darwin

2012 NW breathers.....

Ok,
    So ive searched and seen quite a few threads on the installation/location of the Diff and Auto/Transfer breathers.

Can anyone confirm they are the same location etc, as the good threads detailed for the NS on this forum?

Nothing specifically mentions the NW......
    2017 NX Pajero GLX, Ironman Foam Cell shocks and Springs, PolyAirBags, Yokohama G)15s , LightForce 170's (MM OE), Uniden UHF and HF, MM Roofbars, RhinoRack Cage, Rhino Shovel Mounts and SS Ratchet Ties, MM TowBar,Redarc RH Brake Controller, BushSkinz, Dual Batt-Redarc BCDC1220Ign, Safari Snorkel, Waeco and 2 Custom Power runs to rear, UV Tinting, Internal and Paint protection, MSA Seat Organisers, MM BootLiner, DashMat and Weathershields,MM Neoprene seat covers
  • likatiger
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • WAMBERAL NSW

Same question for me too please.
    Larry
    NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• ChrisPaj2010
      • Oct 2011
      • Brisbane

I would also been keen to know this and maybe some pictures of what i am looking for.
      I am currently getting my NW ready for a month in the Kimberley next year and would like to extend my breathers.

likatiger, i noticed you have listed a Safari Snorkel on your NW, do you have HID lights? If so where did you get the snorkel......ARB?
      cheers

Thanks
      NW Platinum Pearl, Diesel/Auto/Dual battery/extra power sockets/anderson plug/tinted windows/icom 400 Pro/3 x DIY bash plates/DIY false floor/cargo system/T13 bar/Airtec Snorkel/12"Light Bar/60 lt water bladder/12 volt water pump/wet seat covers/brake controller/ 2' lift with lovells and bilsteins, HDP catch can

Comment

• skwiz05
        • Aug 2012
        • Darwin

I just picked up my Safari Snorkel today. SS41HF. Got Prestige 4WD on Huntingdale Rd to order it....
        2017 NX Pajero GLX, Ironman Foam Cell shocks and Springs, PolyAirBags, Yokohama G)15s , LightForce 170's (MM OE), Uniden UHF and HF, MM Roofbars, RhinoRack Cage, Rhino Shovel Mounts and SS Ratchet Ties, MM TowBar,Redarc RH Brake Controller, BushSkinz, Dual Batt-Redarc BCDC1220Ign, Safari Snorkel, Waeco and 2 Custom Power runs to rear, UV Tinting, Internal and Paint protection, MSA Seat Organisers, MM BootLiner, DashMat and Weathershields,MM Neoprene seat covers

Comment

• likatiger
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • WAMBERAL NSW

Hi Chris,

Yes, the safari is from ARB and I don't have HID lights.

Be aware (as has been covered on the forum) that fitting a safari snorkel means that you loose your OEM large washer bottle and get a little replacement.

Out of interest, what has a snorkel got to do with HID lights or were they unrelated questions?

Larry
          NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• ChrisPaj2010
            • Oct 2011
            • Brisbane

Hi Larry
            The washer bottle needed for the HID lights is causing trouble with bullbars and snorkels.
            ARB tell me they are in R&D but cant get a date.
            I have decided to go with the ECB ally bullbar which looks pretty smart and they have accomodated the washer sprayer with no hassle at all.
            Keeps the insurance guys happy.

Now......just to find a snorkel.
            Thanks
            Chris
            NW Platinum Pearl, Diesel/Auto/Dual battery/extra power sockets/anderson plug/tinted windows/icom 400 Pro/3 x DIY bash plates/DIY false floor/cargo system/T13 bar/Airtec Snorkel/12"Light Bar/60 lt water bladder/12 volt water pump/wet seat covers/brake controller/ 2' lift with lovells and bilsteins, HDP catch can

Comment

• likatiger
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • WAMBERAL NSW

G'day Chris,

I was aware of the ARB issue with HIDs and bullbars but not about the washers bottle.

My NW does not have HIDs but does have the head light washers which is rather silly however, I suppose it's easier for MM to do things that way.

ARB, when fitting my snorkel, did not raise issue with it, perhaps because they new I did not have HIDs.

I too am waiting on an ARB bar and I know you can (with care) fit an ARB NT bar to an NW.

Just for your info on snorkels, I think that the TJM snorkel takes a different route into the engine bay and does not interfere with the OEM bottle as much, there is a thread on the forum about it.

Cheers
              Larry

Comment

• G Potter
                • Apr 2012
                • Colac

i have a tjm t13 bar and the oem bottle was removed, only have a small bottle now but no problems with that.
                cheers
                greg

Comment

• likatiger
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • WAMBERAL NSW

Thanks Greg, I think I read something about the TJM snorkel fitting was better than the Safari in respect to the washer bottle, unsure about the T13 bars though.

Larry

Comment

• skwiz05
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Darwin

Well, I finished the 2 diff breathers tonight, but damned if I could see or find the breather hoses for the Auto transmission or transfer!

I gave up, and just bolted up my Bushskinz......

Anyone help here? the pics I got off the forum didnt seem to help, or look exactly the same as what I was looking at on either side of the powertrain.....

Comment

• PJPlatinum
                      • Apr 2011
                      • NSW

Here is a screen shot from the workshop manual showing the transmission breather system:
                      Attached Files
                      2011 MY11 Pajero Platinum. Smartbar, Warn XD9000, Lightforce Driving Lights, Lovells Springs, Rear DVD screen, Front Tint.
                      Wishlist: UHF CB, Bilsteins, Dual Batteries, Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Cargo Barrier - for a start...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X