• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigbaddave12
    • Jul 2012
    • South East S.A.

Replace MMCS with....?

I'm thinking about replacing the MMCS. With anything more friendly and up to date. Anyone got any good ideas about options?
    bigbaddave12.
    NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!
  • MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Clarion NX501

Comment

• daryn
      • Apr 2012
      • Newcastle

Dave if you have a NW Plat with MMCS you may also have the Rockford Fosgate Digital 12 speak amp setup. If so, what you want to do is not easy, you will also have to turf the amp. As I have said it seems as though the amp is really tied into the system and the MMCS has huge control over it, I have already pulled the MMCS out and replaced it but I could not get all of the speakers working, so the MMCS went back in.

There is a thread here where a member has replaced both the MMCS and Amp, I think he also changed the speakers out as well.

My audio guys contacted everyone they could to see if they could find a adaptor cable to mate the replacement into the fosgate but it was just something it seems everyone runs away from.

Of course unless you are willing to replace the amp.

Im not a sound tech head so don't know the details, only what I have said above. I don't even think at the back of the MMCS you can access each individual speaker if you installed a head unit with built in amp.

Comment

• pasniny
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by daryn View Post
        Dave if you have a NW Plat with MMCS you may also have the Rockford Fosgate Digital 12 speak amp setup. If so, what you want to do is not easy, you will also have to turf the amp. As I have said it seems as though the amp is really tied into the system and the MMCS has huge control over it, I have already pulled the MMCS out and replaced it but I could not get all of the speakers working, so the MMCS went back in.

There is a thread here where a member has replaced both the MMCS and Amp, I think he also changed the speakers out as well.

My audio guys contacted everyone they could to see if they could find a adaptor cable to mate the replacement into the fosgate but it was just something it seems everyone runs away from.

Of course unless you are willing to replace the amp.

Im not a sound tech head so don't know the details, only what I have said above. I don't even think at the back of the MMCS you can access each individual speaker if you installed a head unit with built in amp.

Yep above is correct i ripped out everything
        mmcs amp speakers sub everything went
        Amps is full digital dsp amp and will not work with anything else
        Speakers and sub are 2 ohm independent most after market amp works around 4
        Some will do 2 ohm but the speakers are a 50 wrms i wanted more :-) power i I'm now running a full alpine system google elite electronics i got it all from them and i self installed

Comment

• daryn
          • Apr 2012
          • Newcastle

and how much would one expect to have in their pocket to do that ?

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
            • Jul 2012
            • South East S.A.

Originally posted by daryn View Post
            and how much would one expect to have in their pocket to do that ?
            Yes That is all sounding really costly. Wife not .......Dam!
            Need to take her out for a nice dinner. Thant might work!
            bigbaddave12.
            NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi there,

Yep, the Rockford is an improvement on the standard system (which we had), but isn't brilliant. If you want truly decent sound, changing the speakers, (in particular), the amp, and sub is the go.

We had the MMCS, but no Rockford.

We got Gold Coast Car Sound to install Alpine speakers (100 watts), a Focal sub and an Alpine amp. Also went for the Dynamat soundproofing in the doors. Awesome sound, with a control for the amount of base.

Upper range stuff, but by no means top end, but very impressed with the sound quality and refinement.

Total cost 2 years ago, was around the $2000 mark.

Hope this helps,
              Sally
              SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• likatiger
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • WAMBERAL NSW

OMG, it's only music, just kidding I know some like their music perfect.

Personally, I think the NW system is good enough for traveling with, but I am not a music buff, it just helps pass the time.
                NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• shrek4
                  • Jun 2012
                  • South East of SA

Have a look here

Comment

• Bundyk
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • North Nowra

I am saving up for one of these:

Frankies Auto Electrics offer Australia's BEST DEALS from the BIGGEST BRANDS in Car Audio, Caravan, Trailer & Marine Electrics, Dash Cams & All Auto Electrical
                    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• Bretski
                      • May 2008
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by shrek4 View Post
                      This is the best news .. I'll be calling these guys tomorrow.

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                        • Jul 2012
                        • South East S.A.

I think this forum is also answering some of my questions.

Might be orderind one to these kits.

Plug and play is better than cutting wires and etc.
                        bigbaddave12.

Comment

• Battery bill
                          • Aug 2012
                          • WA

I have just replaced the MMCS in my NW Exceed with a Alpine INA-W910RC. Needed a new facia plate, an adaptor for steering wheel funtionalities, a Mita 02 adaptor to connect to the Rockford Fosgate Amp whilst keeping the original speakers. Also comes with a new rear camera with guidance.

It has full Ipod/Iphone funcionality ie will charge and play music at the same time

Great system, total cost of install was $2750

Comment

• Newton1!
                            • Jan 2012
                            • Nabiac NSW

Digi Options

I know a whole lot of guys with tritons who installed a digi options unit

The guy at digi swears black and blue it is plug and play and works with rockford, steering wheel controls etc and has a reverse camera that fits in the number plate light ($50 extra)

What do you think??
                            James

"I get knocked down but I get up again, ......eventually"

Comment

• rifi1
                              • Jan 2008

I have one of these units from digi options that i used in my NS and was going to install in my NW but never got around to it. Car now sold so if anyone is looking for one of these PM me.

Ric

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X