X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JandG
    • Jul 2007

Windscreen wipers not working

Just noticed that my windscreen wipers are not working anymore in our new Pajero NW with 5,000Km on the clock. Checked fuses but all seem ok. Windscreen wipers don't work on auto, mist or low-high. Rear wiper is working fine.

Anyone got an idea what else it could be. I am touring around Australia at the moment and am in Cobar NSW and there is no Mitsubihi dealer here.

Gerard
    Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.
  • Dion
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

Do they work when you splash the windscreen with water?

I would change the fuse for it regardless of what a visual inspection says as sometimes the breaks can be hard to see.
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• JandG
      • Jul 2007

Thanks for your reply. I have changed the fuse to no avail. The wipers are completely dead. When I spray the windscreen they don't work either.

What a pain. Might have to call Roadside assistance.

Thanks
      Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

• Herman4x4
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2009
        • Melton, Victoria

G'day,

Years ago I had one wiper stop working. All it was was the nut that holds the wiper arm on the little salt was loose. Lift up the wiper arms to remove pressure and see if the nuts are loose??

Cheers,
        Andrew.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
        Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• JandG
          • Jul 2007

Problem solved. Issue was the plug near the wiper motor was not fully pushed in and seated properly. Found it was loose and after reinserting and pushing it in as far as it would go all is well.

Thanks all for replies

Comment

• Bundyk
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2012
            • North Nowra

Gotta be happy that it was such a simple fix, yet a little annoyed that something like that happened in the first place. Glad to see you were able to find it.
            Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X