• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fanta
    • Mar 2012
    • SA

WhereiS maps for NW Platinum

Those of you lucky enough like me to be driving a new NW Platinum, would you mind checking your version of WhereiS maps supplied. I have a November 2011 build delivered just weeks ago which has 2010 maps and I would have expected there would be a 2011 maps. New owners, would you mind checking and seeing if you have a more up to date version supplied?
  • JandG
    • Jul 2007

Yep my version is from 2010 as well and my NW Pajero was built late 2011.

Pretty crappy to give you old maps hey.

Might write to MM and see what they have to say.

Gerard
    Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

• GrahameP
      • Mar 2012
      • Brisbane

same

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

why not just call their customer assist number 1300 13 12 11?
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• JandG
          • Jul 2007

Good idea. Will do tomorrow.
          Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

• nannis
            • Apr 2012
            • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Hi guys,

I was about to scream at my lovely dealer about this too until I went to whereis website and realised that this is the latest edition they've released (version 17) which is actually not 2010, just copyright date 2010, but the maps were released in March 2011.

I hope this helps
            nannis
            nannis
            Graphite MY12 Platinum edition with Sunroof, Cooper CTS

Comment

• justcruizin
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2008
              • Brisbane

MM have been supplying old version maps since putting GPS in their vehicles. If I was buying a new paj, I would be insisting on new maps before taking delivery.
              08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• Lance
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Melbourne

My boss at work was supplied 3yr old maps when he bought a new Triton.
                He was originally told there were no later editions available, later on that story changed to.

"Yep, we have an updated version, $360 (?) please."

The updates were 2yr old.
                He declined their generous offer and shortly after sold his Triton and bought a BT50.
                Not sure what maps, if any it has, but he Loves That Car.
                2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• fanta
                  • Mar 2012
                  • SA

Thanks Nannis and others who replied to my request.
                  March 2011 is a lot better than 2010 and hopefully one day upgrades will not be as expensive!

Comment

• Pickle
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2007
                    • All over Oz

17 is the latest version available.
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• JoshF
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      My boss at work was supplied 3yr old maps when he bought a new Triton.
                      He was originally told there were no later editions available, later on that story changed to.

"Yep, we have an updated version, $360 (?) please."

The updates were 2yr old.
                      He declined their generous offer and shortly after sold his Triton and bought a BT50.
                      Not sure what maps, if any it has, but he Loves That Car.
                      as I said call the number above if you are presented with this as dealers are not supposed to do this with new vehicles
                      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• likatiger
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • WAMBERAL NSW

I am a bit slow on the uptake with these in car map gadgets.

Am I thinking correctly, from what has been posted here, that the sat/navs are not working with live info and that one has to continually update. I thought these things worked from GPS co-ordinates.

Also, I've heard that the NT & NW sat/nav cannot be loaded with outback maps etc, is that correct - please pardon my ignorance.

Cheers
                        Larry
                        NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• nannis
                          • Apr 2012
                          • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Originally posted by likatiger View Post
                          I am a bit slow on the uptake with these in car map gadgets.

Am I thinking correctly, from what has been posted here, that the sat/navs are not working with live info and that one has to continually update. I thought these things worked from GPS co-ordinates.

Also, I've heard that the NT & NW sat/nav cannot be loaded with outback maps etc, is that correct - please pardon my ignorance.

Cheers
                          Larry
                          Hi Larry,

The sat/nav does work with the satelites to find its way and calculate your speed, however when roads change (roads close or new roads open) these are not in your map until you update the maps on your sat nav.

I don't think there is that much change every year to justify the upgrade of the maps on a yearly basis... but that is up to everyone's personal liking!

I hope this helps
                          nannis
                          nannis
                          Graphite MY12 Platinum edition with Sunroof, Cooper CTS

Comment

• Macster
                            • Nov 2011
                            • Melbourne

My Navman had a great feature where it would overlay your actual speed with the programmed speed of the road you're travelling (as per the map upload data), and alert you if you're going too fast.

This was great for accidental speed creep. Wish the Pajero MMCS had the same feature.

Comment

• JoshF
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Macster View Post
                              My Navman had a great feature where it would overlay your actual speed with the programmed speed of the road you're travelling (as per the map upload data), and alert you if you're going too fast.

This was great for accidental speed creep. Wish the Pajero MMCS had the same feature.
                              I use my cruise control to stop that speed creep

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X