• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky
    • Jul 2007
    • Gladstone, qld

Lovells Suspension

Just After some opinions from the guys that have lovells suspension on their nm/np pajeros. not so much about the springs but the shocks/struts. i know the the shocks haven't been out for long but at the price they are hard to go past. have also been quoted locally on kings springs/raw shocks combo for $910.00 all up, but still leaning towards the lovells. any feedback would be awesome
    The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
    My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!
  • Garygls
    • Jun 2007
    • Rockhampton

The ride from Lovell/Bilstein setup is far better than the standard suspension.
    The ride is firm enough to stop the body roll around corners & still give a very comfortable ride. I believe that the springs are covered by a 5yr warranty.

I believe Bilstein's are top shelf in 4x4 shocks. I have done approx 16,000klm since lift installed & have performed great on & offroad.
    Dual Battery
    80Ltr Waeco
    91Ltr Longrange Tank
    3" Lovells/Bilstein
    3” Exhaust
    Winch
    NP 05 DID

Comment

• Stinky
      • Jul 2007
      • Gladstone, qld

don't have $1500-$1700 to spend on suspension. i know lovells springs are a good product, have used them b4, really wanting to know about the shocks.
      My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

Comment

• wrexed03
        • Jul 2007

Im running lovells with stock shocks. No issues here no roll around corners either very minimal if any. Quite happy with the result. Didnt see the point in replacing the shocks at the time since there was nothing wrong with them. Later on in life i will look at something better.

Regards

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

you can pick up a complete set of IRONMAN shocks for the Pajero for around $550. ebay au.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Stinky
            • Jul 2007
            • Gladstone, qld

nah mate. used to sell ironman gear @ a shop i used to manage. needless to say we didn't sell it for long though. i see suspension stuff has bilsteins for $870 a set. i might be able to strecth the budget but every dollar i spend on the truck means less i have to spend on the camper. bilsteins are twice the price of the lovells, are they twice as good?

Comment

• 1993 NJ LWB
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2007

Not that I have a gen3 (gen2 here). But I haven't had any problems with my ironmans. Good ride on and offroad, good load carrying. I push them pretty dam hard too and nothing busted yet. I have read a few threads about Ironmans on various forums and 95% of people that have them like them!

Jack
              1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

• Stinky
                • Jul 2007
                • Gladstone, qld

well afetr much disussion with shane from suspensio stuff ive decided own using the lovel shocks & springs. ordered today prob wont get fitted til next week. will post pics. next on the list is rubber. was looking at cooper st but after reading good & bad reports on a few other forums ( bad out numbered good ) i'll prob go with bfg ats. have had them b4 & liked them. will keep options open though.

Comment

• toady
                  • May 2008

You might wanna spend a bit more time before sticking those BFG on ya truck and have a look at All Country LXT ... ive been running them on my NL and have to say i'm V pleased with their performance on & off road and at almost half the price with almost identical tread pattern i'd be keeping the extra money to spend on your camper. After talking to my tyre 'guru' mate who runs them on all his Paj's and goes everywhere without drama he explained that the side wall structure etc has kept him moving forward while his mates running coopers n BFG's have all had flats... check em out, i dont think you'll be sorry and they sure as hell aint noisy on the road
                  "places to go, sooo much to see ... here we go my Pajero n Me

White '99NL LWB 3.5ltr manual, 50mm Raw suspension lift, T-Max 9500 winch, ARB Bull bar, IPF spotties, GME 3440 UHF, GPS, Dual Batteries, Rhino rack, ARB awning, 70ltr FridgeMate, 70ltr water tank and still so much to do .....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X