• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyclopsoz
    • Jan 2011
    • Albury NSW

Fuel economy for Auto DiD Platinum

Just used my first tank of fuel in my new NW. Worked out to 8.9 litres per 100k. That is a long way better than my old NS DiD Auto. Looking forward to doing a trip away to see what highway fuel consumption is like, but if it is anything like the ratio to town use in the NS, I'm looking at around 800k range on a tank.

pete
  • Macster
    • Nov 2011
    • Melbourne

I've done about 4000kms now. The overall average is just under 9litres per 100km. This includes urban, highway and boat towing.

Fuel light comes on with at least 10 litres to go, so you've still got about 100km of range left meaning you could get up to around 900-950kms out of a tank.

I'm saving $50 per week on fuel from my old petrol 4wd!

Comment

• Morville
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2008
      • Buxton Vic

I'm guessing the fuel consumption is calculated from the speed and odometer figures which reads about 7% high. i.e. at 100 on the speedo you are doing 93 with the odo the same. No doubt the higher readings are a ploy to make consumption figures look better.
      Peter.

Comment

• Macster
        • Nov 2011
        • Melbourne

Haven't crossed referenced with gps yet. Would expect 4-5% difference...

Comment

• barjam
          • Feb 2012
          • Maclean, NSW

That's interesting re speedo reading approx 7% high, have noticed a lot of vehicles overtaking even though have cruise control set at about 102kph.

Comment

• Lurch
            • Jan 2012
            • WA

I have the same model in GLX form and I am rapt.
            I do mainly highway and I average between 9.8 and 10.3. or better depending on how much of a hurry I am in.
            I recently added roof & bull bar so this might increase a little.
            Generally fill when I hit 680kms which is about the mark on 1/4 of a tank to me and generally fill 69 or so litres per fill so plenty of Kms left so probably on par to get around the 8/900k mark but I just cant bring myself to trust the guage or the computer.
            I save on average $100 + per week and it shits all over my Nissan Navara auto that I had previously.
            Now that was 1 very thirsty beast!

Comment

• Quietguy
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2011
              • Forster, NSW

Originally posted by cyclopsoz View Post
              Just used my first tank of fuel in my new NW. Worked out to 8.9 litres per 100k. That is a long way better than my old NS DiD Auto. Looking forward to doing a trip away to see what highway fuel consumption is like, but if it is anything like the ratio to town use in the NS, I'm looking at around 800k range on a tank.

pete
              Best I have got so far is 6.1 l/100km, but that was cruising around 80km/hr on very flat land

Wagga to Sydney I get around 8.2 l/100km

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by Morville View Post
                I'm guessing the fuel consumption is calculated from the speed and odometer figures which reads about 7% high. i.e. at 100 on the speedo you are doing 93 with the odo the same. No doubt the higher readings are a ploy to make consumption figures look better.
                Peter.
                It has been stated many times the speedo error as quoted above is correct. This hasn't changed from the NM model at least. There is minimal Odometer error. (unless something drastic has changed in the NW, which I highly doubt) So there can be no ploy to make efficiency look inflated.

Whether this is relevant or not, I recently gauged my errors after fitting 75 profile boots. Admittedly, this is on an NP with larger profile tyres than oem. Speedo error aprox 4% (was 7-8% with oem sized boots). Odometer error over 196km of flat terrain as gauged by a decent quality handheld gps was marginally under 1km. Odometer error equated to approximately 0.5%.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• cyclopsoz
                  • Jan 2011
                  • Albury NSW

My NS showed 119 on the dial and 110 on GPS. My new NW is exactly the same. As for a ploy, It is my understanding that calculating the fuel consumption for a new model is done under fairly exacting laboratory circumstances, not just adjusting speedos to suit a number.

pete

Comment

• owg582pdu
                    • Nov 2011
                    • Brisbane

12.71L/100km towing a Jayco Hawk

Hi,

towed our Jayco Hawk over Easter weekend around Northern NSW.
                    Averaged 12.71L/100Km after a fill up at Ballina.
                    12 NW GL DID Auto. MMA: Steel Front Protection Bar, Front Fog Lamps, Roof Rails, Rear Diff Lock, Carpet Mats, Thule Roof Rack Cross Bars, Trail Boss HD Tow Bar, Redarc Electric Brake Controller.
                    Wishlist: Cargo Liner, Dash Mat, Seat Covers, Rear Dust Deflector

Comment

• kellaig
                      • Sep 2007

My NT 2011 platinum odometer is out by 5%. should i have it looked at. My speedo is out by 7% at 100 kmh as well.

Regards

Kellaig
                      2011 NT Platinum, Black Mica, Full tint, Roof Racks,Tow Bar, MMA Bull bar(absolute piece of crap), Bridgestone 694LT's, dual battery system, rust in doors, lightforce 170's, Uniden UHF,rattling chamois cloth in rear door, leaking injector seal, repainted tailgate, 1990 equivalent GPS (MMCS) inaccurate odometer 5%, dual battery monitor, SPV 3.1 mod( this works), more to come

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Yeah, the NTs are the same.

I've got a great little unit called GPS Alerte. Has the exact speed, speed cameras, etc and is large enough to actually read. Also says the alerts aloud. Good little extra, this one!

Cheers,
                        Sally
                        SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• securegsm
                          • Feb 2012
                          • Melbourne

All modern cars in Australia has this "feature". I have been told, that this is by design. Protection in case one gets speeding ticket and blames on the odometer reading being under the speed limit. Legal protection, sort of... Hondas and toyotas are the same from experience.

Comment

• Letme
                            • May 2012
                            • Brisbane

I completed a trip Brisbane to Orange NSW Fully loaded doing 120 speedo Km.

Was getting about 8.8 to the 100 with fill ups at about the 830Km mark full light only just coming on.

I thought fuel was calculated by throttle postion and distance travelled. Nothing to do with speed??

Comment

• 1WD
                              • Aug 2011
                              • Adelaide

I've now put 3500km on mine and I'm averaging 10.3L/100km. With about 75% highway kms.

I expect this to get better with more kms.
                              OLD: NW Ironbark Platinum - MM Nudge Bar with Lightforce Genesis Halogens. Bilstein/Lovells combo +50mm. Bushskinz bashplate and sump guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X