• Show
Clear All
  • stacy
    • Oct 2011
    • Brisbane qld

Australia Day Weekend, who's camping?

I'm heading up to Kenilworth Homestead for 4 days,
    hopefully the Mary river has some water because I'm taking a canoe

This is a pic of the 4.7m quick canoe I'm going to attempt to finish by then.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2 sheets of 6mm exterior ply, fibreglass and a splash of epoxy,
    throw in some pine dressing for a gunwale, double up some left overs for 12mm breast hooks and i'm in business.

I'll be calling mine "chine & thwart" because it's basically a hull and cross member, the name just came to me.
    Probably give it a pirate theme complete with treasure chest for esky and flag pole for pirate flag

Failing that, my sister has her big old Canadian canoe on stand by

Apparently there's a good 14km canoe ride down stream so it should be fun, can't wait.
    93 SWB V6
  • peterdeg
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • NW Sydney

I was going to ... then my wife announced she was ordering a skip and we were having a tidy up.

Where'd you get the canoe design from?
    Peter
    2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• Traveller43
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2011
      • Perth, WA

Australia Day is my birthday and as it is on a Thursday this year I am taking Friday off as well and heading to Lake Towerinning about 260km South of Perth for a 4 day weekend of wakeboarding and some 4Wding through the Dryandra forest.

Bliss.
      Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket

Comment

• cry_babys
        • Dec 2010
        • nsw

have to work Australia day but have 27/1 to 2/2 off taking the family going through Coolah tops then through Barrington tops down to Newcastle then home have to try out my new camper trailer

Comment

• CraigFox
          • Jun 2010
          • Happy Valley SA

We are off to visit the cousins in Frankston, staying at the Big4 in the Jayco! Managed to get the Wednesday and the Friday off. Nice to just get away from the house again for a few days, and stay in the comfort of a caravan park.
          One caravan park on the west side of Port Phillip wanted more than $100 for a powered site!!!!!
          Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Bushskinz under body still to come one day.

Comment

• Mel
            • Dec 2011
            • Melbourne

Most definitely going camping!!!!! Heading up to either Mt Beauty or Omeo in Victoria. Hopefully find a nice spot of the river. Can't wait.
            Mel

92' Pajero GLS

Comment

• Pajero_Pete
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2008
              • Adelaide Hills

Definately

Somewhere
              Somehow
              Sometime
              Not sure
              But Yes !
              Camping
              Fishing
              4WDing
              Relaxing

cheers PP
              Great little Io then NL dual fuel then my first DiD NP followed by an NS DiD and now an NT RX DiD in the shed

Comment

• stacy
                • Oct 2011
                • Brisbane qld

Original plans got cancelled, but still ventured out myself for the weekend to Wivenhoe dam,
                the weather was good, and got burnt knees out in the canoe.

93 SWB V6

Comment

• Manjimike
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Manjimup SW WA

Originally posted by peterdeg View Post

Where'd you get the canoe design from?
                  I don't know where he got his from but you can get one from here

I got plans for Sabalo 12 SOT

Cheers
                  Mike
                  03/99 NL 3.5 GLS

Comment

• stacy
                    • Oct 2011
                    • Brisbane qld

I just make up my own plans from looking at different designs.
                    Years of model making and an interest in sailing.
                    I didn't get the quick canoe done for that trip, I just borrowed my sisters.
                    Will probably take some time and make something a bit bigger, with outriggers and mast.
                    Things don't happen all that quickly around here, i'm just a humble graphic designer.
                    I get more enjoyment out of my job than I do money, but I'm getting there slowly.
                    93 SWB V6

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X