• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peebee
    • Jan 2011
    • South Fremantle

Rear springs

I've just discovered that the rear springs on my 2002 XS Challenger have been bottoming out (now done 123,000 kms) and the bump stops are starting to look beaten up on the ends. So am now looking at getting new ones. Have Pedder gas cell Trak Ryder shocks on the rear (not sure if they were a good buy yet) but have priced up a set of Kings progressive rate springs with 25-30mm lift. About $300 fitted.
    Opinions on King springs on Challengers would be welcomed as well as the price quoted.
  • 900canoes
    Valued Member
    • May 2008
    • FNQ

Hi Peebee, I dont think you can go wrong with the Kings. Just make sure they match the shocks travel. the installer should be able to confirm that for you.
    Anything would be better than what you have now.

You may have to get the front torsion bars cranked up a couple of cm's to match the rear lift.
    2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• Peebee
      • Jan 2011
      • South Fremantle

Thanks for the reply 900.
      It's amazing what you can get used to, or ignore, when you are just driving around the suburbs. When you said "anything would be better", were you referring to the shot rear springs or commenting on the choice of shocks?

Comment

• 900canoes
        Valued Member
        • May 2008
        • FNQ

Originally posted by Peebee View Post
        When you said "anything would be better", were you referring to the shot rear springs or commenting on the choice of shocks?
        The shot rears.
        2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• Peebee
          • Jan 2011
          • South Fremantle

Just thought I'd update after having new King springs fitted to the rear. I was a little worried the combination of foam cell shocks and raised springs would make it too harsh in the rear, especially when lightly loaded in everyday use. But it's all turned out well. Handles really well in corners with very little lean and on a "play" area of beach sand near me, it went really well with tyres (Kumho AT 78s) at 38psi. Now I have to get new shocks for the front and it'll be really good.
          On another issue, does anyone know if nudge bars are still sold for the PAs and who by and how much?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X