• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WITTNALL
    • Jun 2010
    • Don Valley Victoria

Snorkel

After a month of not being able to say anything finally here are a few shots of the new Safari PB Challenger snorkel!
    Attached Files
    MY 2010 PB LS Challenger White Auto:-Full tint, ARB Deluxe bar with driving lights, Safari Snokel, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/R17's, IPF 900SX Spotties, Kaymar rear step bar/wheel carrier/tow bar, Longrange Automotive 136ltr long range auxiliary tank, King Springs / Koni 40mm lift...
  • peter92
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • maryborough queensland

that looks pretty cool, well done
    regards peter
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• DaveXT
      • Mar 2010
      • Melbourne Outer East

Nice! Price ? Availability?

Comment

• WITTNALL
        • Jun 2010
        • Don Valley Victoria

Should be available early 2011, the snorkel will be sold through
        ARB so l dont know the cost as the development of the snorkel was done directly with Safari.
        MY 2010 PB LS Challenger White Auto:-Full tint, ARB Deluxe bar with driving lights, Safari Snokel, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/R17's, IPF 900SX Spotties, Kaymar rear step bar/wheel carrier/tow bar, Longrange Automotive 136ltr long range auxiliary tank, King Springs / Koni 40mm lift...

Comment

• greig
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2010
          • kanwal

Any noticeable noise ??
          Any chance of a shot of the airbox area ? ( or is it joined out of sight ? )

Comment

• Ballfyboy
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2007
            • Brisbane

Good stuff!
            NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

• BigBloke65
              • Aug 2010
              • SA

Actually, I don't like the look at all, snaking along the side there. But still, a snorkel is a snorkel is a snorkel. Not on my list though.
              PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• LukeS
                • Mar 2010
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by WITTNALL View Post
                After a month of not being able to say anything finally here are a few shots of the new Safari PB Challenger snorkel!
                I cant tell from the pic's but it looks as if it is cut into the flare?? It appears to be a bit different then the triton?

As someone else mentioned - any noise? performance? etc..
                Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...

Comment

• WITTNALL
                  • Jun 2010
                  • Don Valley Victoria

It is slightly different to the Triton, and no they didnt have to cut in to the guard.I have noticed a gain in power and a drop in fuel consumption, which l cant be happier about!! There is obviously an increse in noise as you have taken the air intake up to head height but l dont notice it over the noise of the MTs

Comment

• Ballfyboy
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2007
                    • Brisbane

I had my Airtec snorkel fitted yesterday. Very neat all up. They have to move the radiator overflow to a new position with a custom bracket. Then there is a custom pipe that goes between the drivers side of the air box and the inner skin of the drivers side body. Sorry but it is really a little dark for photos so you will have to wait until I get back from Kyogle in a few days.

I am pretty excited, let it rain!!!

Comment

• LukeS
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ballfyboy View Post
                      I had my Airtec snorkel fitted yesterday. Very neat all up. They have to move the radiator overflow to a new position with a custom bracket. Then there is a custom pipe that goes between the drivers side of the air box and the inner skin of the drivers side body.
                      Ballfyboy, so you are pretty happy with it?? I think I will get the airtec also as I like the look a little more.. Is the pipe from to the airbox fairly direct (no excessive bends)? notice any change in performance?
                      Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...

Comment

• sako
                        • Jan 2010

If you get a chance are you able o post a couple of pics of the airtec?

Comment

• Ballfyboy
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2007
                          • Brisbane

Luke,
                          There is certainly bends, they need them, I don't really think they are excessive compared to the alternative. I did not really notice any measurable difference in performance on our trip to Kyogle. Unfortuantely even after all the rain the creek crossings on the lyons road were shallow Just as well as I didn't want to end up on the news....

sako,
                          photos are coming, promise.

The only issue I have picked up so far is the bracket fixing to the top. I need to bend it a little more. I will show it in a photo tomorrow.

Comment

• greig
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • kanwal

Any chance of a photo of the Safari airbox area showing the mods they do to the intake ??

Comment

• WITTNALL
                              • Jun 2010
                              • Don Valley Victoria

Originally posted by greig View Post
                              Any chance of a photo of the Safari airbox area showing the mods they do to the intake ??
                              Sorry l cant put any shots of the Safari airbox as the car is away for further modifications, they will have it for about three weeks. They have only had it for a day and boy do l miss it already!!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X