• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wabbsnh
    • Jul 2007
    • South Coast NSW

NE 2.5 Turbo gearbox problem

I in process of doing up a Pajero I picked up as a project, it's a 1989 NE lwb 2.5lt 5 speed wagon. I am having problems with the gearbox in the beast.
    The gearbox is doing something strange, when I select 3rd or 5th gear in 4LL and then change into 4th, the operation of the gear lever pulls the 4wd selector back into 4L. Any clues? I have recently changed the clutch and had the box and the gear levers out, but did not pull box to bits. All gears seem OK when driving in 2wd and 4L, problem only seems to be in 4LL. Have I put the gear levers in correctly?

Thanks in advance, Keith.
    IF I'M NOT HERE, I'M PROBABLY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

1993 NH GLX 3 litre V6, Rear diff lock, Cruise control, Auto, Aluminium bullbar, Std Mags with 265/70/R15 Yokohama Super Diggers.
  • wabbsnh
    • Jul 2007
    • South Coast NSW

Hi Guys,

Still have the problem, any ideas at all?

Thanks Keith

1993 NH GLX 3 litre V6, Rear diff lock, Cruise control, Auto, Aluminium bullbar, Std Mags with 265/70/R15 Yokohama Super Diggers.

Comment

• Greg
      • Oct 2007
      • Melbourne

I have an NG 2.5 TDi 5 speed and have had no problems anything like what you are describing. I have used all my gears on low range and had no issues.

I hope someone can help you...

Greg
      1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

• 6G74
        • Jun 2007

Did you get a chance to drive the car before you had it apart, did it do it then? Can you find out if it did it beforehand?

Comment

• wabbsnh
          • Jul 2007
          • South Coast NSW

thanks for the reply 6G74
          I don't recall any problems with the gears before hand. I didn't pull the box apart, only took the gear sticks out to get the gearbox out to replace the clutch. Didn't think it was possible to put the gear sticks back in incorrectly. Guess I could be wrong.

Comment

• princejoe
            • Jun 2011
            • Liverpool England UK

Pajero 2.5 tdi manual Gearbox

Hi! Guys 'n' Girls, Happy new year to y'all;
            Please, anyone know the weight of a 2.5 Pajero manual gearbox, I need the weight for shipping quotation.
            Thanks'

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2012
              • Maitland, NSW

I presume you have the KM145 and it's an alloy case box which is pretty much the same as the V5M21 apart from the bell housing and a few other small things. I would guess around 120kg as i have a V5MT1 in the shed which is around the same weight and me and a m8 can share lift it no worries.
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X