• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dusty_nz
    Valued Member
    • May 2008

Kimberley's - 3 men and a baby?

Looking at options for a trip next year. It will be Myself, My Dad, my Brother and my 2 year old daughter.

Anyway one option is to head to the northern coast. Broome, Derby in the Kimberley's and Gibb river rooad.

Ship the Paj up and fly myself and bub's up.

Any recommendations for a week. Fishing, Relaxing, Walks. March'ish 2011.
    97 LWB NL 2.8 TDI.
    285x75x16 on 16" ROH's. Lokka, GU Springs. Snorkel, Swaybay discon's, Warn M8000, Redarc Dual Batt.
    7" GPS. Handsfree UHF, Rear door shelf, Boost Controller, 70L Waeco.
    Pending: RidePro shocks. PN 117072 for a '90+ IFS 4Runner coil rear. Endless Air
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Have you ever priced shipping the Paj up....Better be sitting down if you do (unless you know someone). We investigated the same issue of getting boats up to derby a few years back at 2K one way ($1 per K/m), I took the gas bill and 3 days to get there, was a smaller hit.

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• dusty_nz
      Valued Member
      • May 2008

Problem is I don't think bub's will survive that sort of mileage.
      97 LWB NL 2.8 TDI.
      285x75x16 on 16" ROH's. Lokka, GU Springs. Snorkel, Swaybay discon's, Warn M8000, Redarc Dual Batt.
      7" GPS. Handsfree UHF, Rear door shelf, Boost Controller, 70L Waeco.
      Pending: RidePro shocks. PN 117072 for a '90+ IFS 4Runner coil rear. Endless Air

Comment

• steveandviv
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Broome

Here you go then.A few pics to get you in the mood..We live in Broome and know the area quite well. You can see a lot in the time you have out lined

Here are a few shots from our two week trip from Broome to Fitzroy (Geike Gorge) the up the Gibb to Windjana and Tunnel Creek (again) then up to Silent Grove and Bell Gorge then up for a few days at Cape Leveque (again) I'm hoping to get this written up for the mag so I'll save a few for later... ;D

On the guided tour at Geike Gorge. well worth it

No. There is nothing wrong with this pic. It just does your head in a bit looking at that rock

In Tunnel Creek. It was hot, dam hot but not in here or at the other end. We spent 4 hours during the hottest part of the day here. it was 42c out side but I reckon 30 just on the outside of the tunnel

The next night we sat down of the bank at Windjana and watched a unique event. The bats that come to feed late at night have decided this year to get a drink on the way. Not so smart I reckon as the freshwater Crocs were snapping them up. Look at the eyes on the lake, it's hard to see. I hope the pic shows the density of the bats. This cloud went on for 20 Mins as they left the likes of Tunnel Creek (Where we were during the day) We could make out 4 confirmed hits from the Crocs point of view

Then we headed up the Gibb to Silent Grove to Camp. You can no longer camp at Bell Gorge after the fires last year.
        On the way you travel over Kimberly at it's best

Just past the turn off to Silent Grove you can pop into Imintji for a cold drink (sounds like Imergy)

Then off to camp at Silent Grove for two days. we would travel to Bell Gorge twice. On day two we packed lunch and stayed for 4-5 hours. Not hard to see why

On the way back, or on our way to Cape Leveque we decided to take a by pass track which sort of takes you from just out of Willair to Beagle Bay. The station track is private property but well maintained. On the way back we saw the last of the Kapoc tress. These are also known as Cotton Wall tress and the inside is just like cotton wall. These came early thing year and the story goes they flower with the hatching on the croc eggs. As they are early as well they say we will have a long, not bigger but long - wet...We Hope

We then had three nights at one of the beach shelters at Cape Leveque..It was just great

And then on the way home the storms build...It did rain that night so I guess the wet is here. Wasn't much but it felt good.  Oh, and don;t bring your Caravan up to this Cape

2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X