• Show
Clear All
  • Pete & Mon's NS
    Valued Member
    • May 2008
    • West Lakes - Adelaide, SA

Intetesting article re new Prado & Lexus GX460

As per the title:-

Hours after influential US-based magazine, Consumer Reports, issued its damning video news release on the Prado-based Lexus GX460, the story had been picked up by every news agency and metastasized Globally.
    | Gunmetal NS Exceed DiD with Dakar leather | Factory rear Diff Lock | Alloy Nudge Bar | MMCS | Moonroof | GME TX3440 | Custom rear Storage | Stebel Compact Air Horn |
    | Ford Focus XR5 Turbo in Electric Orange |
  • Fro
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Nundah, QLD

As cool as that looked, I'm sure it wouldn't be as cool if you were sliding towards a tree or a power pole.
    2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• Ian Johnston
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Mount Gambier, SA

What ever happened to driver training?? I would guess if you "threw" your Pajero into a turn that hard, and lifted your foot, a similar result may occur?

I am not a Toyota supporter, but I think everyone is getting on the "bash" Toyota band wagon.

Sorry if people dont agree, but its about time people took responsability for their own actions.
      Drive safely.
      2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
      Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
      2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• David Anderson
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Albury

I don't agree the fault is 100% with the driver if one of these things rolls over in something like an emergency lane change.
        Most drivers have very limited skills and these cars are marketed as very safe & secure places for your family to be.

I've always though the Prado's front suspension sucked and that they handled like a wet sponge - I would be reluctant to put my wife & kids in one on the twisty roads around where we live.

IMHO this is another case of Toyota not living up to their own hype more than Toyota bashing.
        09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• Patagonia
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Toyota reprogramed the (VSC stability control) and solved the problem, could be the test was done in very uncommon situation but at the end the VSC was not working as good as it should.

The test: speed: 100 Km/h
          driver takes off foot from gas
          driver makes a 90 degree turn, no action with his feet.

before/after video:
          Video of the improved handling of the GX 460 following the 04-2010 VSC software update.Details at http://lexusenthusiast.com/

regards
          2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
          Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
          31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
          2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

Hear you Ian But I have to agree with David..
            The point was made that this is a normal test they carry out in their Mag, they stated of all 4WDs, (SUVs), that this was the only failure.. Toyota to their credit at least pulled from sale & after own testing agreed & recalled...

And yes a few are jumping on the Bash Toyota band wagon...

3 of my good mates are going to hear all about it... as the old saying goes Toy guys dish it out they've got to be able to cop a bit back...

Gus.

VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• CeeJay
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2008
              • Samford, QLD

Hey, at least the driver error was mostly recoverable.

We were at the V8s today and saw this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Just incredible no-one died. We had a poster signed by the driver about an hour before he went off - glad he walked away.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X